Jan 8, 2014 09:12 Malfunction causes attic fire Malfunction causes attic fire Advocate staff report Jan. 08, 2014 Comments An equipment malfunction in the attic of a house at 1855 Anglo ignited a fire, leading to heavy damage early Tuesday, the Baton Rouge Fire Department reported. “The owner was awakened by his alarm and when he opened his attic, he saw flames in the attic and evacuated the home,” department spokesman Curt Monte said. Firefighters responded to the call at 2:21 a.m., deploying four pumper trucks, one ladder truck and two support vehicles. They had the fire under control by 2:48 a.m. and were able to contain the blaze to the attic, but the rest of the home received water damage, Monte said. Damage is estimated at $90,000, including $15,000 for contents, to the house valued at $110,000. No one was injured, Monte said.