The East Baton Rouge Parish Mayor-President’s Office is offering assistance to people trying to navigate their insurance options by providing educational sessions about the Affordable Care Act.
The program, called Affordable Care Act 101, will feature trained federal navigators and certified application counselors, who will provide one-on-one assistance with local residents to evaluate health insurance coverage available through the federal health insurance marketplace.
The specialists are trained in health insurance, qualified health plans and public programs including Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program.
Each session will consist of a video and presentation on the Affordable Care Act, followed by a question and answer period. Here is the schedule for the sessions, all to begin at 6 p.m. and end at 7:30 p.m.:
- Jan. 9 — Greenwell Springs Road Regional Branch Library, 1300 Greenwell Springs Road. Contact Laurie Cranford at (225) 274-4450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jan. 23 — Scotlandville Branch Library, 7373 Scenic Highway. Contact Kelley Young at (225) 354-7580.
- Feb. 13 —Zachary Branch Library, 1900 Church St., Zachary. Contact Ginger Cagnolatti at (225) 658-1880.
- Feb. 27 — Delmont Gardens Branch Library, 3351 Lorraine St. Contact Melissa Bradley at (225) 354-7080 or email@example.com.
- March 6 — Carver Branch Library, 720 Terrace St. Contact Brandon Reilly at (225) 389-7480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 20 — Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Contact Yvonne C. Hull at (225) 756-1180 or email@example.com.