- STEPPIN AT THE STADIUM: 6 a.m. to 8 a.m., Perkins Road Community Park, 7122 Perkins Road. Run bleachers and do core exercises. Admission is $4. (225) 272-9200, ext. 573 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SKATING ON THE RIVER: 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Baton Rouge River Center, 275 S. River Road. The center’s indoor skating rink will have 75-minute sessions throughout the day. Tickets are $12 and include skates, soft drink and a snack. brrivercenter.com.
- C’EST SI BON FOOD TOUR: 11 a.m., Poor Boy Lloyd’s Seafood Restaurant, 201 Florida St. The walking, guided tour will feature food sampling at various eateries along with historical, cultural and architectural information. Tickets are $45. (800) 662-3241.
- PYU KYU KEMPO: 11 a.m., Independence Community Park, 7500 Independence Blvd. Learn self-defense and self-discipline through karate and martial arts. Admission is $32. (225) 928-7860 or email@example.com.
- GREENWOOD TEA DANCE: 1 p.m., Greenwood Community Park, 13350 La. 19. The adult dance with music and refreshments takes place on the first Thursday of the month. Admission is $5. (225) 272-9200, ext. 572 or firstname.lastname@example.org.