- LIBRARY BOARD OF CONTROL SPECIAL MEETING: 9 a.m., Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. The East Baton Rouge Parish Library Board of Control will meet in the board room. Call (225) 231-3700.
- PET ADOPTION: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Petsmart, 1653 Millerville Road. Dogs, cats, puppies and kittens will be available for adoption.
- CHRISTMAS PARADE: 10 a.m. The annual District 7 Gus Young Christmas Parade will start at North Acadian Boulevard and Winbourne Avenue. Call (225) 389-3182.
- ARTS FOR FAMILIES: 10:30 a.m., LSU Museum of Art, 100 Lafayette St. Children can learn about artists, tour the collection and make a handmade journal. Admission is free.
- LET IT SNOW: 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. The event features a Louisiana Art and Science Museum presentation of classic holiday songs enhanced with full-dome animation, laser imagery and special effects. Call (225) 763-2240.
- LIVE MUSIC PERFORMANCE: 11 a.m., Cortana Mall, 9401 Cortana Place. The West Side Cloggers will perform on the stage in front of J.C. Penny.
- “BROADWAY SANTA:” 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., Reilly Theatre, Tower Drive, LSU campus. Playmakers of Baton Rouge will present a production about Santa making it big time in the musical extravaganza. Tickets are $17.50. Call (225) 578-6996 or www.playmakersbr.org.
- CHRISTMAS AT CAPITOL PARK: Noon to 2 p.m., 660 N. Fourth St. Make Christmas ornaments and reindeer food, listen to holiday music and chat with Santa. Area high schools will also perform. Call (225) 342-5428.
- AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE ACT INFORMATIONAL: 1 p.m., Eden Park Branch Library, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road. Learn about the legislation and have questions answered. Call (225) 231-3240.
- “A CHRISTMAS CAROL”: 2 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. The classic tale of Ebenezer Scrooge will have a few changes. The cast will also sing Christmas carols between scenes. General admission is $25, subscribers is $22 and groups of 10 or more is $13. Call (225) 924-6496 or www.theatrebr.org.
- TALENTED MUSIC STRING ORCHESTRA AND CHOIR CONCERT: 2 p.m., Louisiana State Museum, 660 N. Fourth St. The East Baton Rouge Parish School System Talented Musician String Orchestra and Choir will perform at the free concert.
- HARD CANDY CHRISTMAS: 2 p.m., Pride-Chaneyville Branch Library, 13600 Pride-Port Hudson Road. Learn how to turn peppermints and candy canes into decorations, gifts and treats. Call (225) 658-1540.
- DENHAM SPRINGS CHRISTMAS PARADE: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Denham Springs High School start, 1000 N. Range Ave., Denham Springs. The parade will feature floats, marching bands, choirs and more. The route begins at the high school and ends on Veterans Boulevard. Call (225) 665-8155.
- ZOO LIGHTS: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., BREC’s Baton Rouge Zoo, 3601 Thomas Road. Tour larger-than-life lights and displays of zoo animals and holiday traditions. Hot cocoa will be available for purchase. www.brzoo.org. (225) 775-3877 or www.brzoo.org.
- DOWNTOWN CHRISTMAS PARADE: 5:30 p.m., Downtown. The parade will start on River Road and end near North Street. Super Why! will be the grand marshal. www.christmasinbr.com.
- THE SANTA DIARIES: 10:30 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. The one-man show is about the life of a store elf. Seating is limited for the cabaret-style production. Tickets are $20. www.theatrebr.org.