- GINGERBREAD TEA: 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m., Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, 7000 Bluebonnet Blvd. The 4th annual Baton Rouge General Gingerbread Tea will raise funds for women’s and children’s programs at the hospital and will feature Santa photos, a silent auction and more. Tickets must be purchased in advance. The cost is $25 for adults, $15 for youth and $200 for a table of eight. brgeneral.org/gingerbread or (225) 381-6783.
- “CITY MOUSE/COUNTRY MOUSE”: 2 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The production is about mice cousins and is inspired by the story in Aesop’s Fables. Tickets are $15. (225) 344-0334 or manshiptheatre.org.
- “BROADWAY SANTA”: 2 p.m., Reilly Theatre, Tower Drive, LSU campus. Playmakers of Baton Rouge will present a production about Santa making it big time in the musical extravaganza. Tickets are $17.50. (225) 578-6996 or playmakersbr.org.
- UNAFRAID TO DREAM: 3 p.m., Eden Park Branch Library, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road. Author Sylvia Chatman will present poems from her book and be available for a book signing. (225) 231-3250.
- “IN THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS”: 3 p.m., UpStage Theatre Company, 1713 Wooddale Blvd. The nontraditional Christmas production is arranged in a series of vignettes and monologues and transitions between Biblical times and the present. Tickets are $15. (225) 924-3774 or upstagetheatre.biz.
- BATON ROUGE SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA CONCERT: 7 p.m., Baton Rouge River Center, 275 South River Road. The concert is part of the “Home for the Holidays” series and will feature classic and light-hearted favorites. (225) 383-0500, ext. 100.
- CANDLELIGHT CONCERT: 7:30 p.m., LSU Student Union Theater, Raphael Semmes Road. The LSU A Cappella Choir will perform in a carol format concert that includes a brass ensemble. Tickets are $20 for the general public, $15 for seniors and $10 for students. music.lsu.edu.