BATON ROUGE AREA
Jamie Segar has been named director of advancement at Catholic High School. Segar was director of development for LSU’s Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Life and Enrollment.
NEW ORLEANS AREA
Dwight L. Acomb, a partner in the firm of William F. Bologna and Associates, has been elected to the board of directors of Union Savings and Loan Association. Union has offices in downtown New Orleans and Metairie.
AROUND SOUTH LA.
Gov. Bobby Jindal has made appointments and re-appointments to various state boards and commissions.
- Louisiana State Board of Private Investigators: Glen Petersen, of Baton Rouge, an attorney at Hymel Davis & Petersen.
- Task Force to Study Tuition Costs of Public Postsecondary Education Institutions: Joseph “Jay” Campbell Jr., of Baton Rouge, president and CEO of Associated Grocers Inc.
- Dairy Stabilization Board: Eric Lane, of Baton Rouge, vice president of Gerry Lane Enterprises; Joy Womack, of Zachary, owner of Womack Dairy; and Ronald Harrell, of Greensburg, a former dairy farmer.
- Prison Enterprises Board: H. Harvey Honore Jr., of Baton Rouge, owner of Harvey Honore Enterprises LLC, a commercial contracting company, and owner of Sandy Creek Ranch LLC.
- Louisiana Commission on Marriage and Family: Gwendolyn Brooks, of Zachary, the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families unit program manager at the state Department of Children and Family Services.
- Law Enforcement Executive Management Institute Board: Scott Ford, chief of police in the St. Francisville Police Department.
- The Louisiana Commission for the Deaf: Dr. Moises Arriaga, of Metairie, a professor of otolaryngology and neurosurgery at LSU Health New Orleans and medical director of the CNC Hearing and Balance Center in New Orleans and Our Lady of the Lake Hearing and Balance Center and the Cochlear Implant Program at Children’s Hospital in New Orleans.
- Life Safety and Property Protection Advisory Board: David Sisolak, of Harahan, project manager at SimplexGrinnell; Paul Robinson, of New Roads, owner of Electric Gates and Access Controls Inc.; Bradley Boudreaux, of Marrero, operations manager for Fire and Security at Siemens Industry; and Jerry Himmel, of Baton Rouge, vice president of Himmel’s Architectural Doors and Hardware.
- MediFund Board: Todd D. Stevens, of Baton Rouge, president and CEO of Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center.