- EAST BATON ROUGE SCHOOL BOARD: 5 p.m., School Board Office, 1050 S. Foster Drive. The East Baton Rouge School Board will meet as Committee of the Whole.
- CANS FOR A CAUSE: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Capital Area Corporate Recycling, 1400 Main St. Participants can drop off canned goods to be donated to The Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank for the holiday food drive at the warehouse. An additional drop-off location is available from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at The Fresh Market, 10555 Perkins Road. Call (225) 379-3577 or cacrc.com.
- BATON ROUGE BAR FOUNDATION’S PRO BONO PROJECT: 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., Delmont Service Center, 3535 Riley St. Lawyers from the Baton Rouge Bar Foundation’s Pro Bono Project will provide free legal advice. Call (225) 214-5567.
- CHAIR YOGA: 10 a.m., Eden Park Branch Library, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road. The introduction yoga class is for those with limited mobility. Call (225) 231-3250.
- APPRECIATION LUNCHEON: Noon, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center, 4000 Gus Young Ave. The center and Councilwoman C. Denise Marcelle will hold an appreciation luncheon honoring volunteers and donors of the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center.
- UGLY HOLIDAY SWEATER PROGRAM: 3 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. The library will hold a fashion show where patrons will model their ugliest sweaters. The program will also have a display of holiday sweaters from different decades. Call (225) 756-1150.
- ART AFTER HOURS: 5:30 p.m., Louisiana Art and Science Museum, 100 River Road. Go on a tour of the exhibition on Fritz Bultman while having complimentary refreshments. Admission is free for LASM members, $5 for students and $7 for others.
- TYPOGRAPHY LECTURE: 6 p.m., LSU Museum of Art, Shaw Center, 100 Lafayette St. LSU School of Art professors will discuss typography and artistic careers. Admission is free. Call (225) 389-7200.
- DISTRICT 6 CHRISTMAS COMMUNITY MEETING: 6 p.m., BREC Headquarters, 6201 Florida Blvd. Councilwoman Donna Collins-Lewis will hold a community meeting, which will have food, music and games, for residents of District 6. Attendants should bring canned goods for the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank. email@example.com or call (225) 389-5165.
- TUTORING: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Broadmoor Presbyterian Church’s Naylor Building, 9340 Florida Blvd. Qualified tutors provide free one-on-one tutoring for middle and high school students. Students and accompanying adults should arrive 10 minutes early to register. Call (225) 924-4271.
- MASTERWORKS III - HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS: 7:30 p.m., Baton Rouge River Center, 220 St. Louis St. The Baton Rouge Symphony Orchestra will perform holiday music with guest artists Mara Bonde, soprano, and Dennis Jesse, baritone. Call (225) 389-3030.