- CANS FOR A CAUSE: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., Capital Area Corporate Recycling, 1400 Main St. Participants can drop off canned goods to be donated to The Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank for the holiday food drive at the warehouse. An additional drop-off location is available from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at The Fresh Market, 10555 Perkins Road. Call (225) 379-3577 or cacrc.com.
- MS. CLAUS VISIT: 10 a.m., Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd; 10:30 a.m., Pride-Chaneyville Branch Library, 13600 Pride-Port Hudson Road. Patrons should bring their letters to Santa for Ms. Claus to bring to the North Pole. Call (225) 763-2260 or (225) 658-1560.
- HOLIDAY CARDS CRAFT: Noon, River Center Branch Library, 120 St. Louis St. Learn how to make holiday cards. Call (225) 389-4967.
- WINTER WREATHS CRAFT: 3 p.m., Delmont Gardens Branch Library, 3351 Lorraine St. Families are invited to make winter wreaths while enjoying cookies and beverages. Call (225) 354-7050.
- CHEF JOHN BESH SIGNING: 5 p.m., Barnes & Noble at LSU, 2 Union Square. Chef John Besh, restaurateur and winner of the James Beard Award, will sign copies of his latest book “Cooking from the Heart.” He also will give cooking demonstrations.
- BLUE PERIOD EXHIBIT RECEPTION: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Kress Gallery, Third and Main streets. The exhibit is inspired by Picasso and will feature 20 artists. For information, kressgallerybr.com.
- HOLIDAY SPECTACULAR: 6:30 p.m., holiday performances, LSU Student Union Theater, and 7:30 p.m., Christmas tree lighting, LSU Memorial Tower. LSU will accept nonperishable food items for food pantries and new, unwrapped toys for Toys for Tots during the events. Free hot cocoa and coffee will be available at the tree lighting. lsu.edu/holiday.
- ST. JOSEPH’S ACADEMY FALL CONCERT: 6:30 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The academy’s dance department and students from Catholic High School will present their annual dance concert. They will perform works by Cangelosi in classical ballet, contemporary and jazz dance. Tickets are $8. manshiptheatre.org.