- PEOPLES HEALTH THINK PINK: 11 a.m. registration, noon lecture, Family Health Center, 3801 North Blvd. Dr. Wayne Gravois will provide an overview of breast cancer, risk factors and prevention information. Lecture is free. Register by Wednesday. Call (888) 257-4515 or peopleshealth.com/shs.
- JOB HUNTING ONLINE: 2:30 p.m., Eden Park Branch Library, 5131 Greenwell Springs Road. Learn about job hunting websites, posting an online résumé and communicating with potential employers. Basic computer skills required for the course. Call (225) 231-3250.
- LIVE AFTER FIVE: 5 p.m., North Boulevard Town Square. Funky horn band Hai Karate will perform.
- BREC-A-BOO: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., BREC North Sherwood Forest Community Park, 3140 N. Sherwood Forest Drive. The Halloween event includes carnival games, ghostly visitors, costume contests, inflatables, a haunted house and more. Call (225) 272-9200.
- ZACHARY ART CRAWL: 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., Main Street, Zachary. Stroll through various businesses along Main Street and view art, hear live music, watch performances, eat Southern cuisines and more. Event is free. www.raczonline.org.
- “GREY GARDENS”: 7 p.m., Independence Park Theatre. The first film in the Independence Park Theatre Film Series is “Grey Gardens,” the story of a mother and daughter’s chaotic life in their East Hampton home. Film is adult rated. Ticket is $5 and includes a bag of popcorn. (225) 216-0660 or www.theparktheatre.com.
- “FIVE FLIGHTS”: 7:30 p.m., Reilly Theatre, LSU campus. The play surrounds a sibling debate about an inheritance after their father dies. Tickets are $18 for the general public, $15 for seniors/faculty/staff and $12 for students. Call (225) 578-9286.
- “THE WOMAN IN BLACK”: 7:30 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. Call (225) 924-6496 or www.brlt.org.
- SWAMP HAUNTED HIKES: 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., BREC’s Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center, 10503 N. Oak Hills Parkway. The event is a haunted house alternative for children to learn about the survival “tricks” of snakes, rats, insects and alligators as they collect treats along the trail. Face painting, crafts and live owls will also be available. Children can dress in their costume and should bring a flashlight. Fee is $6 per participant, $3 for swamp pass members and free for children 2 years old and younger. Call (225) 757-8905 or www.brec.org/swamp.