- HOWL-O-WEEN KIDS FEST: Noon to 4 p.m., Baton Rouge Beach, 901 Stanford Ave. The festival benefits Friends of the Animals Baton Rouge and will feature a dog costume contest, dog agility course, face painting, food, games and musical guests, David St. Romain and The Drew Danzy Band. Tickets are $1. The fee to enter a dog in the contest is $10. (225) 384-0299 or brec.org.
- “THE MONSTER SQUAD”: 2 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The classic kid’s Halloween movie is about a group of kids fighting a group of monsters, including Dracula, Frankenstein’s Monster, the Wolfman, the Mummy and the Gillman. Tickets are $6. manshiptheatre.org.
- “FIVE FLIGHTS”: 2 p.m., Reilly Theatre, LSU campus. The play surrounds a sibling debate about an inheritance after their father dies. Tickets are $18 for the general public, $15 for seniors/faculty/staff and $12 for students. (225) 578-9286.
- SUNDAY IN THE PARK: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., North Boulevard Town Square, Downtown. The free concert will feature The Anteeks, a classic rock and country band. The concert will also have face painting and balloon creations. (225) 344-8558 or artsbr.org.
- CONNECTING THREADS: 3 p.m., Scotlandville Branch Library, 7373 Scenic Highway. Durinda Robinson will discuss her display using fabric, art and sculptures collected from her travels. (225) 354-7540.
- SUNDAY AFTERNOON MOVIE: 3 p.m., Fairwood Branch Library, 12910 Old Hammond Highway. The movie is about an American who runs into his former love in Africa during World War II. (225) 924-9385.
- AILEY II PERFORMANCE: 7 p.m., Baton Rouge River Center, 220 St. Louis St. The renowned second company of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre will perform classics and new works. Tickets are $35 for orchestra rows S-Y, $40 for orchestra rows A-R and $50 for VIP tickets. (225) 766-8379 or batonrougeballet.org.