- COSTUME SALE: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. The theater will have costumes, clothing and accessories available for several sizes. Call (225) 924-6496.
- LIVE AFTER FIVE: 5 p.m., North Boulevard Town Square. Funky horn band Hai Karate will perform. The mayor will also kick off Healthy Baton Rouge Food Week festivities.
- FALL FEST ON THE BOULEVARD: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Mall of Louisiana, outside on the boulevard, 6401 Bluebonnet Blvd. The event features carnival games, a children’s costume contest, face painting, offers, candy and more. Event free with a canned or nonperishable food item for the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank. Call (225) 761-7228.
- “FIVE FLIGHTS”: 7:30 p.m., Reilly Theatre, LSU campus. The play surrounds a sibling debate about an inheritance after their father dies. Tickets are $18 for the general public, $15 for seniors/faculty/staff and $12 for students. Call (225) 578-9286.
- SWAMP HAUNTED HIKES: 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., BREC’s Bluebonnet Swamp Nature Center, 10503 N. Oak Hills Parkway. A haunted house alternative designed for children to learn about the survival “tricks” of snakes, rats, insects and alligators as they collect treats along the trail. Face painting, crafts and live owls also available. Children can dress in costumes and should bring a flashlight. $6 per participant, $3 for swamp pass members, free for children 2 years and younger. Call (225) 757-8905 or www.brec.org/swamp.