- METRO COUNCIL: 4 p.m., City Hall Council Chambers, 222 St. Louis St.
- LUNCHTIME LAGNIAPPE LECTURE: Noon, Louisiana State Museum, 660 N. Fourth St. John Hickey, a retired lieutenant colonel of the U.S. Army Reserve and member of the Canary Islanders Heritage Society of Louisiana, will present a lecture on “The 1779 Battle of Baton Rouge.” The lecture series is free and open to the public. Call (225) 342-5428.
- FALL WREATHS: 3 p.m., Delmont Gardens Branch Library, 3351 Lorraine St. Patrons can make fall wreaths. Refreshments will be served. Call (225) 354-7050.
- DISTINGUISHED LECTURE SERIES: 5 p.m., LSU Museum of Art, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. LSU College of Art + Design will have Lesley Dill, an artist from New York, give a lecture titled “We Are Animals of Language” as part of its Distinguished Lecture Series. Admission is free.
- ED BLAKE AT THE BELLE: 7 p.m., Belle of Baton Rouge, 102 France Street. Ed Blake will perform a free comedy show. Call (225) 242-2600.
- “SPEECH AND DEBATE”: 7:30 p.m., Studio Theatre, Dalrymple Drive, LSU campus. Amanda Schmidt will direct LSU Lab Theatre’s production of “Speech and Debate” by Stephen Karam. Tickets are $10. Call (225) 578-4174.