- YAPPY HALLOWEEN RUN: Noon to 5 p.m., North Boulevard Town Square, downtown. The run will raise funds for Yelp!BR, a nonprofit animal welfare organization. It will have a kids’ zone with trick-or-treating, food trucks, crafts, a DJ, dog adoptions, costume contest and more. Registration is $30. Groups of 10 or more will get $5 off their registration. (225) 485-9200 or yelpbr.com.
- LSU PLANTFEST: Noon to 4 p.m., LSU Hilltop Arboretum, 11855 Highland Road. More than 5,000 plants will be available for purchase. Proceeds will go toward the site, program and projects of the arboretum. (225) 767-6916 or lsu.edu/hilltop.
- DISCOVER THE COLLECTION: 2 p.m., LSU Museum of Art, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Patrons will learn about the Rococo style and the Rococo Revival at the gallery talk that compares the museum’s collection with a video installation by Rashaad Newsome, a New Orleans-based artist. (225) 389-7200.
- “SONGS FROM EXILE, I’M A STRANGER HERE MYSELF”: 2 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The program focuses on the exile of several German artists during the 1920s. Tickets are $21.50. manshiptheatre.org or (225) 344-0334.
- “9 TO 5”: 2 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. The musical is based on the movie of the same title and surrounds three female coworkers who create a plan to get even with their egotistical boss. Rated PG. Tickets are $28 for general admission and $24 for subscribers. Group and student rates available. (225) 924-6496 or brlt.org.
- SUNDAY IN THE PARK: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., North Boulevard Town Square, Downtown. Free concert featuring The Main Squeeze, a high energy funk band, along with face painting and balloon creations. (225) 344-8558 or artsbr.org.
- “LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS”: 3 p.m., Independence Park Theatre, 7800 Independence Blvd. The New Venture Theatre musical is based on the 1950s movie about a skid row floral assistant and an exotic plant that craves fresh blood. Production rated PG-13. Admission is $20. (225) 588-7576 or newventuretheatre.com.
- FOOD FOR THE SOUL OPEN HOUSE PARTY: 4:30 p.m., The Red Shoes, 2303 Government St. The party will have program samplings, activities and delicacies. (225) 338-1170.
- ISRAELI FOLK DANCE CLASS: 7 p.m., Congregation B’nai Israel, 3354 Kleinert Ave. Singles, couples, seniors and families of all levels of experience are welcome to this free dance class. (225) 756-5291.