- AUTHOR-ILLUSTRATOR WORKSHOP: 8 a.m., continental breakfast, 8:30 a.m., workshop, Bluebonnet Regional Branch Library, 9200 Bluebonnet Blvd. Children and teen books author Linda Sue Park will present a workshop for teachers, writers and students. Registration is $25 for adults and $10 for students. (225) 231-3760.
- LIVE AFTER FIVE: 5 p.m., North Boulevard Town Square. Rusty Yates will perform piano-driven classic pop, rock and soul.
- ZOMBIE BASH 5K: 6:30 p.m., The 13th Gate, 832 Saint Phillip St. The race/walk hosted by the dance-theater company Of Moving Colors begins at The 13th Gate and follow River Road. Open to all ages. Of Moving Colors will conclude the event with a street performance of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.” Preregistration is $15 for children ages 16 or younger and $20 for adults. Race day registration is $20 for children and $25 for adults. The street dance and classes are free. www.ofmovingcolors.org.
- “LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS”: 7:30 p.m., Independence Park Theatre, 7800 Independence Blvd. The New Venture Theatre musical is based on the 1950s movie about a skid row floral assistant and an exotic plant that craves fresh blood. Production rated PG-13. Admission is $20. (225) 588-7576 or www.newventuretheatre.com.
- “9 TO 5”: 7:30 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. The musical is based on the movie of the same title and tells the story of three female coworkers who create a plan to get even with their egotistical boss. Rated PG. Tickets are $28 for general admission and $24 for subscribers. Group and student rates available. (225) 924-6496 or www.brlt.org.