The New Orleans City Planning Commission will hold the first of 10 community meetings to discuss an updated draft of the city’s proposed comprehensive zoning ordinance at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Greater St. Stephen Full Gospel Church, 5600 Read Blvd.
Residents will be able to view the draft ordinance at the meeting, learn how to use it and give input on zoning issues in their neighborhoods.
The zoning ordinance governs land use throughout New Orleans.
It lists permitted uses for each of the city’s zoning categories, as well as height limits, setback requirements, urban design standards, operational rules and other regulations.
Other neighborhood meetings, all from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., will be held on these dates:
- Wednesday at the National World War II Museum, 945 Magazine St.
- Thursday at the YMCA Federal City, 2220 Constitution St., Algiers.
- Oct. 7 at Ben Franklin High School, 2001 Leon C. Simon Blvd.
- Oct. 8 at M.L.. King Charter School, 1617 Caffin Ave.
- Oct. 9 at Edward Hynes Charter School, 3774 Gentilly Blvd.
- Oct. 10 at Andrew H. Wilson Charter School, 3617 Gen. Pershing St.
- Oct. 14 at the Dryades YMCA, 2200 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd.
- Oct. 16 at KIPP New Orleans Leadership Academy, 2300 St. Claude Ave.
- Oct. 17 at the Treme Recreation Center, 900 N. Villere St.