- HARVEST DAYS: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., LSU Rural Life Museum, 4560 Essen Lane, demonstrations of plowing, syrup making, blacksmithing, soap and candle making, timber framing, open hearth cooking, children’s activities, old-fashioned games, food and refreshments. Also, a Civil War battle reenactment at 2 p.m. Admission is $8 for children ages 6 to 11 years old and seniors age 62 and older, $9 for children 12 years and older, and free for children 5 and younger. (225) 765-2437 or www.rurallife.lsu.edu.
- CORN MAZE: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., LSU AgCenter Botanic Gardens, 4560 Essen Lane. Find your way out the corn maze, paint a pumpkin, enjoy a hayride, climb the straw mountain and more. Admission is $5. (225) 763-3990 or www.lsuagcenter.com/burden.
- LEADERSHIP SEMINAR: 10 a.m., JK Haynes Charter School, 8600 Grove Garden Drive. LSU mathematics professor Frank Neubrander and University Laboratory School math department chair and instructor Aimee Welch will be the guest speakers. Workshop is free and hosted by Advance Innovative Education. www.advanceie.org.
- BRCC OPEN HOUSE: 10 a.m. to noon, BRCC Frazier building, 555 Julia St. Learn ways to advance your career with noncredit programs at Baton Rouge Community College. (225) 216-8241.
- DON’T SAY CURRY COOKING CLASS: Noon to 2 p.m., Mall of Louisiana, Williams-Sonoma, lower level, 6401 Bluebonnet Blvd. Learn how to cook Indian style with Chef Manject Bhata. Free. (225) 757-0016.
- WORLD PEACE DAY FESTIVAL: 3 p.m. to 8 p.m., Beauvoir Park, 2834 Greenwood Drive, live music, art, multicultural entertainment, children’s activities, local vendors and food trucks and a healing sanctuary. Admission is free. www.worldpeacedaybr.com.
- ‘CLYBOURNE PARK’: 7:30 p.m., Shaver Theatre, Music and Dramatic Arts Building, LSU campus. The play is a satire about race and real estate in a fictional Chicago neighborhood. Tickets are $28 for the general public, $19 for seniors and LSU faculty/staff, and $15 for students. (225) 578-9286 or www.swinepalace.org.
- ‘9 TO 5’: 7:30 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. The musical is based on the movie of the same title about three female coworkers who create a plan to get even with their egotistical boss. Rated PG. Tickets are $28 for general admission and $24 for subscribers. Group and student rates available. (225) 924-6496 or www.brlt.org.
- ‘LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS’: 7:30 p.m., Independence Park Theatre, 7800 Independence Blvd. The New Venture Theatre musical is based on the 1950s movie about a skid row floral assistant and an exotic plant that craves fresh blood. Production rated PG-13. Admission is $20. (225) 588-7576 or www.newventuretheatre.com.