- DYSLEXIA SEMINAR: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Southern University, A.O. Williams Hall, Room 191. U.S. Rep. Bill Cassidy, R-Baton Rouge, and other speakers will discuss the challenges of dyslexia and ways to help individuals who have the condition.
- BROWN BAG BOOK CLUB: Noon, River Center Branch Library, 120 St. Louis St. This month’s subject is “Funny Ladies.” Members can choose to read “Bossypants” by Tina Fey, “Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?” by Mindy Kaling or “Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang” by Chelsea Handler. Call (225) 389-4967.
- TEEN GAME DAY: 3 p.m., Delmont Gardens Branch Library, 3351 Lorraine St. Teens can play Sonic and All-Star Racing on the Wii U.
- CAJUN AND CREOLE FOODS: 7 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Chef Richard Wildt will explore unique cultures of Louisiana cuisine. Samples of dishes, including jambalaya, paella, dirty rice, gumbo, bread pudding and pralines will be provided. Call (225) 756-1150.
- “CLYBOURNE PARK”: 7:30 p.m., Shaver Theatre, Music and Dramatic Arts Building, LSU campus. The play is a spin-off of Lorraine Hansberry’s “A Raisin in the Sun,” a satire about race and real estate in a fictional Chicago neighborhood. Tickets are $28 for the general public, $19 for seniors and LSU faculty/staff, and $15 for students. Call (225) 578-9286 or www.swinepalace.org.