Police arrest eleven on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 11 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Ricky Bureau, 29, 4548 Tigerland Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required/expired, following too close, possession of marijuana and reckless operation.
- Tony Campo, 46, 8474 Harold Drive, Denham Springs, second-offense DWI, stop sign/yield sign violation and reckless operation.
- Megan Cooper, 27, 14178 Parkview Drive, Prairieville, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and improper lane usage.
- Tonny Desselle, 24, 7615 Magnolia Beach Road, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Michael Florek, 26, 101 Tapestry Circle, Lafayette, first-offense DWI, motor vehicle inspection required, disobeying a police officer and seat belt violation.
- Chase Funchess, 26, 86 Park Lane, Folsom, first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light and reckless operation.
- Samuel Hawkins, 36, 5562 Prescott Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper turn, driver’s license suspended/revoked and reckless operation.
- James Jenkins, 47, 41454 Carolyn K Drive, Prairieville, third-offense DWI, resisting an officer and possession of alcohol in vehicle.
- Sarah Karlow, 24, 635 S. Eugene St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and stop sign/yield sign violation.
- Derek Smith, 22, 1855 Brightside Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, reckless operation and driver’s license not in possession.
- Isra Thames, 32, 1958 Cherrydale Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, stop sign/yield sign violation and reckless operation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.