- BOOK SIGNING WITH PEGGY SWEENY-MCDONALD: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., LSU Museum of Arts gift shop, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. Peggy Sweeny-McDonald will sign copies of her book, “Meanwhile Back at Cafe Du Monde.”
- ‘CLYBOURNE PARK’: 2 p.m., Shaver Theatre, Music and Dramatic Arts Building, LSU campus. The play is a spin-off of Lorraine Hansberry’s “A Raisin in the Sun,” a satire about race and real estate in a fictional Chicago neighborhood. Tickets are $28 for the general public, $19 for seniors and LSU faculty/staff, and $15 for students. (225) 578-9286 or www.swinepalace.org.
- ‘9 TO 5’: 2 p.m., Theatre Baton Rouge, 7155 Florida Blvd. The musical is based on the movie of the same title and is about three female coworkers who create a plan to get even with their egotistical boss. Rated PG. Tickets are $28 for general admission and $24 for subscribers. Group and student rates available. (225) 924-6496 or www.brlt.org.
- ‘HELLO DOLLY’: 2 p.m., Runnels Theatre for the Performing Arts, 7255 S. Harrell’s Ferry Road. Advance tickets are $15 for adults and $12 for students. Tickets at the door are $20. (225) 751-2192.
- WALK A MILE IN HER SHOES 2013: 4 p.m., North Boulevard Town Square, downtown. Hundreds of men in heels will walk through downtown to help raise awareness of sexual violence in the community and raise funds for STAR. Register at brstar.org. (225) 615-7093.
- WOMANLY WORDS: 5 p.m., The Red Shoes, 2303 Government St. Poetry with a female perspective.