Marrero man arrested in chat room sting
East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies on Thursday arrested a 37-year-old Marrero man accused of sending lewd messages in an online chat room to an undercover investigator posing as a 13-year-old girl.
Deputies booked Kevin Tyson Edwards, 2748 Jeanne Drive, into Parish Prison on one count each of indecent behavior with a juvenile and computer-aided solicitation of a minor, prison records show.
The investigator, a member of the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force, was in a Yahoo chat room on Oct. 7 when Edwards, using the screen name “soulknight76,” began talking to her, the arrest warrant says.
Alabama man accused of kidnap, auto theft
An Alabama man is accused of stealing a pickup with a woman inside early Saturday in Tigerland, then hitting nine vehicles while driving erratically around a parking lot.
Baton Rouge police booked Zachary Burgess, 20, of 49 Cedar Trace, Hoover, Ala., into Parish Prison on nine counts of hit-and-run and one count each of auto theft and simple kidnapping, prison records show.
The woman who was in the truck when Burgess allegedly jumped behind the wheel told authorities she was unable to jump out because of Burgess’ “erratic and dangerous driving,” the affidavit of probable cause says.
Woman accused of attack with beer bottle
A Gardere woman was arrested early Saturday after she allegedly attacked her husband and another man with a broken beer bottle at a party.
While in the Parish Prison parking lot before being booked, Dana Broadway, 28, told the arresting deputy that if she did not give Broadway a summons and let her go, Broadway would have the deputy’s job, badge and paycheck, the affidavit of probable cause says.
Broadway, 2336 Gardere Lane, Unit C, Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on counts of aggravated second-degree battery and public intimidation, prison records show.
Broadway’s husband left the party before deputies arrived, but the second victim had large cuts to his right hand and right shoulder blade, the affidavit says. A large pool of blood was found on the ground outside the residence, the affidavit says.
The affidavit says Broadway was intoxicated and could not give deputies her version of what happened, the affidavit says.
Man booked in theft of dog from girlfriend
Sheriff’s deputies on Friday arrested a Greenwell Springs man Friday who is accused of breaking into his girlfriend’s home with a screwdriver Tuesday and stealing her dog.
Dustin Charles Arnold, 35, 5079 Fryers Ave., was booked into Parish Prison on counts of burglary of an inhabited dwelling, theft of an animal and simple criminal damage to property, possession of Schedule II drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia, prison records show.
Arnold said he felt entitled to the dog, the affidavit of probable cause says.
Eight arrested on suspicion of DWI in EBR
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Thomas Bickham, 27, 1535 Great Oak, Baton Rouge first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Jessica Bunnell, 34, 41139 4th Colonial St., Prairieville, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Sarah Gettys, 19, 8042 Oak Hollow Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Jose Gonzales, 19, 1346 Jade Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, resisting an officer, failure to maintain control, possession of alcohol in vehicle and driver’s license required.
- Eric Hart, 29, 2618 July St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Sarah Martinez, 50, 1535 Great Oak, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Kate Pollins, 27, 4669 Bennett Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Karen Pressley, 50, 2770 W. Bocage Court, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, resisting an officer and failure to signal.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.