- BASF KIDS’ LAB: 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m., Louisiana Art & Science Museum, 100 South River Road. Children, ages 6-12, and parents can learn chemistry at the hands-on workshops on the second and fourth Saturdays and Sundays of every month.
- “REMEMBER MY ISA” SCREENING: 1 p.m., refreshment; 2 p.m., screening, Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The film “Remember My Isa” is an historical fiction film produced in Baton Rouge. Admission is free. (225) 229-1280 or RememberMyIsa.com.
- SUNDAY AFTERNOON WITH AUTHORS: 2:30 p.m. to 4 p.m., Delmont Gardens Branch Library, 3351 Lorraine St. Authors Lorna Lewis and Debbie Knatt Jones will discuss their books. Refreshments will be served. (225) 354-7050.
- POETRY READING: 3 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Poet Micaela Moné will read from her collection of poems. (225) 756-1150.
- BATON ROUGE CONCERT BAND FALL CONCERT: 3 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 763 North Blvd. The concert theme is ‘Out of This World.” It will have songs such as “Orpheus” by Offenbach, “Mars” by Holst and a medley from the “Wizard of Oz.” Admission is free. facebook.com/batonrougeconcertband.
- “ELDEST DAUGHTER” BOOK LAUNCH: 3 p.m., LSU School of Music Recital Hall, corner of Dalrymple Drive and Infirmary Road, LSU campus. Ava Leavell Haymon, a poet laureate, will read from her latest collection, “Eldest Daughter.” A book signing and reception will follow the reading. Admission is free. (225) 578-8282.
- “I’M SO EXCITED” SHOWING: 6 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. “I’m So Excited” is a comedy directed by Pedro Almodóvar and starring Javier Cámara, Lola Dueñas and Cecilia Roth. It is rated R. Tickets are $8.50. manshiptheatre.org or (225) 344-0334.