- DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT: 8 a.m., First United Methodist Church Conference Center, 930 North Blvd. The meeting will cover several projects, including the “Crest,” River Park Development and the plan to transform St. Louis and St. Ferdinand into two-way streets. brgov.com/dept/ddd or (225) 389-5520.
- BABY BOOT CAMP: 8:45 a.m. to 10 a.m., Mall of Louisiana, Bluebonnet Boulevard near Interstate 10. The program, geared toward prenatal and postnatal women, features STROLLFIT, an exercise class for cardio, strength training, core work and stretching; and STROLLGA, a light cardio and deep yoga stretching class. Participants should bring a full-size stroller, water bottle, yoga mats and a set of 5-pound hand weights. (225) 788-1200 or babybootcamp.com/la-batonrouge.aspx.
- PEOPLES HEALTH FITNESS CARDIO LINE DANCING: 9 a.m. registration, 9:30 a.m. fitness class, A.C. Lewis YMCA, 350 S. Foster Drive. The moderate-intensity class provides a cardio workout to music with dances like the Cupid Shuffle and the Electric Slide. Register by Sunday. (888) 257-4515 or peopleshealth.com/shs.
- ZOO & ME MORNINGS: 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Baton Rouge Zoo, 3601 Thomas Road. Children, ages 3-5, and their parents or guardians will go on a train ride, have animal encounters, do art projects and have snacks during the program. Admission is $18 per child with one parent or guardian and $30 per two children and one parent or guardian. Registration is required. (225) 775-3877.
- TEEN MOVIE DAY: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Baker Branch Library, 3501 Groom Road. Teens will watch a movie that includes Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk and Thor. The library will provide refreshments. Registration is required (225) 778-5960.
- PUFFY PAINT LEATHER BRACELETS: 4 p.m., Scotlandville Branch Library, 7373 Scenic Highway. The craft is for teens and requires registration. To register, call (225) 354-7500.
- TUTORING: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Broadmoor Presbyterian Church’s Naylor Building, 9340 Florida Blvd. Qualified tutors provide free one-on-one tutoring for middle and high school students. Students and accompanying adults should arrive 10 minutes early to register. (225) 924-4271.
- LIVING LEGACY: 6:30 p.m., reception; 7:30 p.m., concert, Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The Arts Council of Greater Baton Rouge presents a concert benefitting the Derek E. Gordon Arts Fund. It will feature Kurt Elling, jazz vocalist; Fred Hersch, jazz pianist; Berta Rojas, classical guitarist; and Vanessa Rubin, jazz vocalist. Artwork from the Derek E. Gordon art collection will be on display at the theatre throughout September with some pieces being on sale during the concert reception. Tickets are $75 and $100. manshiptheatre.org or (225) 344-0334.