- SEUSSICAL JR.: 11 a.m. and 2 p.m., Reilly Theatre, Tower Drive, LSU campus. A production of Playmakers of Baton Rouge, the musical is a shortened version of the Broadway hit, “Seussical the Musical.” Tickets are $12. (225) 578-6996 or playmakersbr.org.
- DOG ADOPTIONS: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., CAAWS shelter, 2680 Progress Road. The Capital Area Animal Welfare Society will hold a dog adoption special. Dogs weighing more than 40 pounds cost $50, which includes spay/neuter, microchip and all vaccinations. caaws.org.
- CAT ADOPTIONS: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., PetSmart, 8660 Airline Highway. CAAWS will hold a cat adoption special. Adult cats are $50, which includes spay/neuter, microchip and all vaccinations. caaws.org.
- EXPLORING ENTREPRENEURSHIP: 1 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Tonia Askins, international business consultant, entrepreneur, author and founder of Virtual International Business Solutions, will hold a workshop on the principles and benefits of entrepreneurship. (225) 756-1150.
- BIG RIVER REGIONAL STAND UP PADDLE RACE: 6 p.m., Florida Boulevard downtown to L’Auberge Casino’s back deck. Muddy Water Paddle Company and the Baton Rouge Paddle Club will present the race, which is 13 miles of paddling on the Mississippi River. The race is open to stand up paddleboards, kayaks, canoes, outriggers and surf skis and is a World Paddle Association regional finals race. Spectators are welcome to watch the race from River Road. An awards party with food and Cajun music will follow the race on the lawn at L’Auberge Casino and Hotel. bigriverregional.com.
- BROADWAY BOYS: 8 p.m., Zachary High School Performance Art Center, 4100 School St. The Broadway Boys will perform songs from Broadway shows, such as “Wicked,” “Mary Poppins,” “Spiderman,” “Jersey Boys,” “Mama Mia” and more. The Regional Arts Council of Zachary will sponsor. raczonline.org.
- LOUISIANA BAYOU SPRINTERS: 8 p.m., Baton Rouge Raceway, 17700 Plank Road. Crate late models, UMP Limited Modifields, Pure Stock, Mini Stock and Stingers will also race. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. (225) 275-5040 or batonrougeraceway.com.