- PEOPLES HEALTH FITNESS BALLY SILVER AND FIT: 8:30 a.m. registration, 9 a.m. fitness class, Bally Total Fitness, 10000 Perkins Rowe, Suite 100. The moderate-intensity class combines light-impact cardiovascular exercises, stretching and circuit training with free weights. Register by Monday. (888) 257-4515 or peopleshealth.com/shs.
- CUTS FOR KIDS: 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., Remington College School of Cosmetology, 4520 Sherwood Forest Blvd., Unit 001. The school will provide free haircuts to children 17 years of age and younger on weekdays throughout August. Walk-ins and appointments welcome. For appointment, call (225) 291-4660. The salon also will collect school supply donations for local schools. Donors will receive a complimentary haircut, manicure or pedicure. (800) 448-6405.
- BINGO: 10:30 a.m., Delmont Gardens Branch Library, 3351 Lorraine St. The library will have bingo for adults. (225) 354-7050.
- CHRONOLOGICALLY GIFTED AND TALENTED SENIOR GROUP: Noon, Broadmoor Presbyterian Church, 9340 Florida Blvd. The speaker will be Kenny Kleinpeter. Von Middleton will cater. Cost is $10. (225) 924-4271.
- WATER BOTTLE EARRINGS: 3 p.m., Delmont Gardens Branch Library, 3351 Lorraine St. The craft is for teens and will come with refreshments. (225) 354-7070.
- CARVER CROCHET CLUB: 5:30 p.m., Carver Branch Library, 720 Terrace St. Bring your own materials or use the ones supplied. (225) 389-7450.
- BATON ROUGE ORCHID SOCIETY MEETING AND WORKSHOP: 6:40 p.m., workshop; 7 p.m., meeting, Baton Rouge Garden Center, 7590 Independence Blvd. Members will conduct a workshop on the most common types of orchids grown in the area and hold a talk on “Growing Cattleyas, Orchids of the New World” during the meeting. The meeting will also have a workshop on potting. batonrougeorchidsociety.org or (225) 308-1404.
- ‘POLTERGEIST’: 8 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The theatre will show the horror film, “Poltergeist.” Tickets are $6 for just the movie and $26 for the dinner-and-a-movie package, which includes dinner from Restaurant IPO. (225) 344-0334 or manshiptheatre.org.