The Nicholls State University Presidential Search Committee, on Monday, selected six semifinalists to interview for the school’s vacant presidency.
A presidential search committee spent Monday morning narrowing down a field of 17 candidates recommended by the R.H. Perry and Associates search firm, to a handful of individuals who will meet with faculty, students and staff during a formal interview process on the Nicholls campus in Thibodaux.
The University of Louisiana System Board of Supervisors, which oversees Nicholls, is expected to name a new president in early September.
Nicholls’s president of the past 10 years, Stephen T. Hulbert, retired Aug. 1. His second in command, Lawrence W. Howell, is serving as interim president.
The six semifinalists are listed below with the highest degree earned and most recent position noted:
- Allayne L. Barrilleaux, Ph.D. from LSU; vice president for academic affairs at Nicholls State University.
- Karla V. Hughes, Ph.D. from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville; provost and vice president for academic affairs and professor at Morehead State University.
- James M. Limbaugh, Ph.D. from the University of Maryland; chancellor at Montana State University-Northern.
- Mirta M. Marting, Ph.D. from Virginia Commonwealth University; dean and professor of management at Virginia State University.
- Bruce T. Murphy, Ed.D. from Vanderbilt University; vice president for academic affairs at Air University.
- Carlisle Baxter Rathburn III, Ph.D. from the University of Florida; special assistant to the vice chancellor for academic and student affairs at Texas A&M University.
Visit www.ulsystem.edu/ nichollssearch for more information on the search process.