BR man, 45, arrested in attack on wife
Baton Rouge police arrested a 45-year-old man accused of attacking his wife at the home they shared on Aug. 3, leaving her with a fractured jaw and broken nose.
Police booked Elliot Drewery, 5533 Cadillac St., into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on Monday on counts of domestic abuse battery, aggravated battery and second-degree battery, prison records show.
Drewery choked his wife until she almost lost consciousness, punched her several times in the face and threw a ceramic figurine that hit her in the stomach, the affidavit of probable cause said.
Two BR men arrested in armed robbery
Baton Rouge police arrested two men Tuesday after matching their shoes to shoeprints found in mud near where an armed robbery occurred and they were identified by the alleged victims.
Police booked Rondell Demonde Hilliard, 20, 1251 N. Ardenwood Drive, Apt. 183, and Corey Devante Walker, 21, 5728 St. Katherine Ave., into Parish Prison on counts of armed robbery, prison records show.
Two victims told police two men walked up to them from behind at 12:30 a.m. with a pistol after hiding in some bushes in the 5700 block of South Sunset Hill Avenue and demanded money and a cell phone, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Police, using the victims’ descriptions of the robbers and the matching shoeprints in the mud to the suspects’ shoes, found Hilliard and Walker in the area and arrested them, the affidavit said.
BR police seek man in store burglary
Baton Rouge police are searching for a man who burglarized an automobile parts store on Florida Boulevard on Aug. 3.
Police Cpl. Don Coppola Jr. said the man — wearing white shoes with black laces and a shirt with the number 3 on it — broke a window and entered the Auto Zone, 10418 Florida Blvd., at 2 a.m.
The burglar took several items then fled in an unknown vehicle, Coppola said.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at (225) 389-3824 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.
BR robbery suspect arrested in 2 incidents
Baton Rouge police arrested a 29-year-old man Tuesday accused of robbing two men at gunpoint in the Brice Street area after seeing him running behind some houses, trying to flee the area.
Clarence Augustus walked up to two victims at separate times late Monday and early Tuesday, pulled a handgun, demanded money, then fired a single shot into the ground, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Bullet fragments from one of the shots hit one of the victims in the leg, the affidavit said.
Police booked Augustus, 239 Brice St., into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on two counts of armed robbery with a firearm and illegal use of weapons or dangerous instruments and one count of resisting an officer, prison records show.
Authorities book 11 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 11 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Altonia Brown, 58, 1897 First St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, careless operation and driving without insurance.
- Blair Butler, 52, 809 Summer Breeze Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, hit-and-run and improper lane usage.
- John Cramer, 18, 4931 Inniswold Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, speeding, reckless operation and disobeying a control device.
- Ryan Fuller, 31, 1616 Munal Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
- Brian Hartwell, 24, 12235 Wickwood Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and driving on one-way street.
- Kairy Hernandez, 21, 5965 Bayview Circle, South Gulfport, Fla., first-offense DWI, equipment violation and reckless operation.
- Justin Kruger, 25, 6296 Tezcuco St., Gonzales, first-offense DWI, speeding, failure to signal and improper lane change.
- Ronald McKneely, 37, 3836 Brady St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Tyler Shepherd, 20, 10222 S. Tiger Bend Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and disobeying a red light.
- Harry Silvio, 27, 3089 Cedarcrest Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and driving without headlight.
- Roderick Thomas, 56, 1219 Elvin Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and disobeying a red light.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.