State seizes 42 devices from contractor’s BR home State seizes 42 devices from contractor’s BR home BY ROBERT STEWART| email@example.com Aug. 13, 2013 Comments State investigators have seized at least 42 electronic devices that they believe could show embattled contractor Corey Delahoussaye falsified records in billing Livingston Parish for his Hurricane Gustav cleanup services. Louisiana inspector general’s officials began investigating Delahoussaye last year and have obtained records suggesting that he was “performing extracurricular activities unrelated to his contract work” when he said he was working, according to a search warrant issued last month. Delahoussaye has been accused of playing golf while claiming he was working. He has strongly denied the accusations. Greg Phares, chief investigator at the Louisiana Inspector General’s Office, declined Monday to discuss specifics of the search warrant, saying it was part of his office’s inquiry into billings in Livingston Parish. Phares said he was unsure how long it would take investigators to analyze all of the devices seized from Delahoussaye. Delahoussaye’s attorneys did not return phone calls Monday for comment. Inspector General’s Office investigators searched Delahoussaye’s Baton Rouge home July 25, taking 12 computers, 14 hard drives, five thumb drives, four cameras and three cellphones, among other devices. In addition to the billing documents, investigators are also looking for documents that would give a location for storage facilities where other electronic devices may be held, the warrant says. Delahoussaye used to live in Denham Springs. Judge Richard “Chip” Moore, of the 19th Judicial District in East Baton Rouge Parish, approved a search warrant of Delahoussaye’s home on July 17. It was filed in the parish Clerk of Court’s Office on Monday. Delahoussaye’s company, C-Del Inc., was hired by Livingston Parish in October 2009 to help resolve wetlands permit and mitigation issues lingering from the parish’s efforts to dispose of debris left by Hurricane Gustav in 2008. Delahoussaye billed the parish for about $2 million in work, but the then-outgoing Parish Council in August 2011 terminated its contract with Delahoussaye after members began raising questions about his invoices. District Attorney Scott Perrilloux in November 2011 began investigating Delahoussaye but in December 2011 turned over the case to federal authorities. The Inspector General’s Office began investigating the matter in 2012. Delahoussaye has said the country club where he was playing golf listed his golf charges on incorrect days. Delahoussaye in August sued the parish and three firms involved in Gustav cleanup work, claiming his contract with the parish to monitor the work of those firms was halted because he reported illegal and improper work being performed. The council voted in December to give Parish Attorney Chris Moody the authority to pursue settlement in the lawsuit. Shortly after taking office, Parish President Layton Ricks stopped payment on a $379,000 check issued to Delahoussaye by then-Parish President Mike Grimmer for Delahoussaye’s Gustav work. Ricks said he didn’t want to pay that bill until questions about it were resolved. The check would have been the final payment to Delahoussaye. The Parish Council voted in June 2012 to direct Ricks to issue the payment and sign the check, but Ricks has refused to sign it.