EBR deputies: Child left at gas station
A 28-year-old man accused of leaving his 2-year-old son at a gas station Saturday night was arrested Sunday.
Keith A. Augustine, 2022 General Taylor Ave., was booked into Parish Prison on counts of child desertion and criminal abandonment, prison records show.
Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to the Cracker Barrel gas station at 9958 Burbank Drive at 10:14 p.m. to investigate a report of a 2-year-old boy in the parking lot, wearing only underwear and shoes, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
When questioned by deputies, Augustine said his son was at his sister’s home when Augustine was there visiting with her before he went to the gas station.
He said the child must have left the home, walked outside and climbed into his father’s vehicle without him knowing.
Augustine said he then drove to the gas station and his son must have left the vehicle while he was pumping gas.
Man, 24, accused of indecent behavior
East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s deputies arrested a 24-year-old man Sunday after he allegedly exposed himself to two young girls, 9 and 11 years old.
Deputies booked Marcus Delgado Williams, 5710 Avenue X, Zachary, into Parish Prison on three counts of obscenity and two counts of indecent behavior with a juvenile, prison records show.
According to an affidavit of probable cause, a woman saw Williams expose himself when the two girls rode their bicycles on the sidewalk near where he was standing.
Both girls said Williams showed them his “private part” and that he was smiling.
Son accused of striking father, 74
A 50-year-old man accused of hitting his 74-year-old father over the head with a frying pan while he was sleeping has been arrested.
East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s deputies booked Edward Davis, 235 S. 12th St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of cruelty to the infirm and aggravated second-degree battery.
The victim said he tried to fight back but lost consciousness and awoke to find his phone missing, an affidavit of probable cause says.
Authorities arrest 6 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Sunday and 2:30 p.m. Monday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Higinio Pacheco, 21, 42245 Moody Dixon Road, Prairieville, first-offense DWI and driver’s license required.
- Aramis Pepper, 30, 6322 Windwood St., Zachary, first-offense DWI and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Darin Terrell, 19, 1009 Polk Lane, Summit, Miss., second-offense DWI, failure to maintain control, hit-and-run and resisting an officer.
- Jolienne Trabeaux, 35, 311 Misty Creek Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and simple obstruction of a public highway.
- Steven Wright, 45, 814 Sherron Ave., Baker, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, reckless operation of vehicle and failure to maintain control.
- Mark Zeissler, 53, 11959 Nicholson Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.