- BABY BOOT CAMP: 8:45 a.m. to 10 a.m., Mall of Louisiana, center court. The program, geared toward prenatal and post-natal women, features STROLLFIT, an exercise class for cardio, strength training, core work and stretching; also features STROLLGA, a light cardio and deep yoga stretching class. Participants should bring a full-size stroller, water bottle, yoga mats and a set of 5-pound hand weights. For more information, call (225) 788-1200 or visit http://babybootcamp.com/la-batonrouge.aspx.
- PEOPLES HEALTH FITNESS ZUMBA GOLD: 9 a.m. registration, 9:30 a.m. fitness class, A.C. Lewis YMCA, 350 S. Foster Drive. The fitness class is a high intensity cardiovascular workout for both body and mind. Register by Sunday. (888) 257-4515 or http://peopleshealth.com/shs.
- BREC MOBILE PLAYGROUND: 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Melrose East Neighborhood, Harry Drive and North Carrolton Avenue; 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Ardenwood Village, 1957 N. Ardenwood Drive; 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Mary Lands Park, 802 N. 30th St.; and 3 to 4:30 p.m., Monte Sano Village, 3002 Mason Ave. BREC on the Geaux will provide a mobile playground for 90 minutes of play. (225) 272-9200 ext. 502 or http://brec.org.
- ARTY ON!: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Mall of Louisiana, lower level near Macy’s. Swine Palace Production will perform for ages 2 to 10. An acting Q&A session and games will follow the presentation. (225) 761-7228.
- CAAWS CAT ADOPTIONS: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., CAAWS Shelter, 6357 Quinn Drive. http://caaws.org.
- TWILIGHT TOUR: 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., BREC’s Baton Rouge Zoo, 3601 Thomas Road. The zoo will have a guided tour with a private Wildlife Safari Amphitheatre show and evening snack. Preregistration is required. Cost is $16 for adults and $13 for children, ages 2 to 12. (225) 775-3877.
- THE STITCHER MAKER: 7 p.m., Main Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Patrons can learn how to knit a simple ribbed scarf. (225) 231-3750.
- “TIGER EYES:” 7 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The theatre will show “Tiger Eyes,” a movie based on one of the many classic novels by Judy Blume. Tickets are $8.50. (225) 344-0334. http://www.manshiptheatre.org.