Man, 27, accused
of sex with girl, 14
Baton Rouge police Thursday arrested a 27-year-old man accused of serving alcohol to two girls, 13 and 14 years old, and having sex with the 14-year-old between March 1 and March 3.
Police booked Albert Tate, 24103 Larry Drive, Denham Springs, into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on one count each of sexual battery, indecent behavior with a juvenile and contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile, according to information in an affidavit warrant.
The incident occurred at a hotel at 10920 Mead Road, in Baton Rouge, the warrant says.
Stove pot blamed
in BR house fire
An unattended pot on a stove led to a fire Thursday that caused more than $85,000 in damage to a house on Lanier Drive, firefighters saud.
Firefighters from District 6, Central and the Baton Rouge fire departments responded to the fire at 5935 Lanier Drive, District 6 Chief Joel Hancock said in a news release.
The owner was not home and a neighbor called 911 to report the smoke at 12:54 p.m, Hancock said.
The house sustained heavy fire damage to the kitchen and attic, and smoke and heat damage to the rest of the house, Hancock said. No injuries were reported, Hancock said.
Five people booked
with DWI in EBR
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Paula Bergeron, 49, 7550 Pecue Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Andrew Hutchinson, 23, 5201 Miss. 13, Lumberton, Miss., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and equipment violation.
- Jon Reine, 50, 12426 Goodwood Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Brent Scott, 56, 6334 Ritterman Ave., Baton Rouge, third-offense DWI and operating a vehicle while driver’s license suspended for prior offense.
- Ralph Siverio, 24, 404 Dodson Road, Purvis, Miss., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, insurance required, license plate required and drinking in a motor vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.