- FUTUREBR MEETING: 10 a.m., East Baton Rouge Metropolitan Council Chamber, Suite 348, City Hall, 222 St. Louis St. The FUTUREBR Implementation Team will hold a public meeting on the FUTUREBR Plan’s status. The FUTUREBR Plan is the longterm land-use and development plan for East Baton Rouge Parish that includes 577 actions.
- RETIREMENT STRATEGIES FOR WOMEN: 6 p.m., Greenwell Springs Regional Branch Library, 11300 Greenwell Springs Road. The seminar “Retirement Strategies for Women: Pathway to Independence” will address the unique financial challenges of women. (225) 274-4440.
- TUTORING: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Broadmoor Presbyterian Church’s Naylor Building, 9340 Florida Blvd. Qualified tutors provide free, one-on-one tutoring for middle and high school students. Students and accompanying adults should arrive 10 minutes early to register. (225) 924-4271.
- CULINARY ARTS FOR HEALING HEARTS: 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., White Oak Plantation, 17660 George O’Neal Road. Participants will get to taste sweet and savory foods from 20 local chefs while raising funds for the Grief Recovery Center. The fundraiser also will have live and silent auctions and live music from Band 5D. Tickets are $50. (225) 924-6621 or http://www.grcbr.org.
- HEALING ON THE SPIRITUAL PATH: 6:30 p.m., Fairwood Branch Library, 12910 Old Hammond Highway. The lecture “Healing on the Spiritual Path” will be an introduction to Bruno Groening’s teachings.
- BOOKS INTO MOVIES CLUB: 7 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Members will discuss “Emma” by Jane Austen.
- COMPASSIONATE BOOK CLUB: 7 p.m., Main Branch Library, 7711 Goodwood Blvd. Members will discuss “The Art of Happiness” by the Dalai Lama and Howard Cutler.