Woman arrested in motel meth lab fire
Baton Rouge police Friday arrested a 38-year-old Denham Springs woman accused of operating a “shake and bake” meth lab and causing fire damage to a motel room on April 2.
Natausha N. Chidester, rented the room at the Crossland Motel, 11140 Boardwalk Drive, and police found pictures of her on online social media websites, including pictures of her inside the motel room where the fire occurred, according to information in an affidavit warrant.
Police found items used in methamphetimine labs in the bathroom and found smoke and burn marks in other parts of the room, the warrant says.
Police booked Chidester, 23596 Springhill Drive, into Parish Prison on one count each of aggravated arson, creation of a clandestine laboratory and distribution/manfucturing of schedule I drug, the warrant says.
Eight arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Julian Bias, 21, 8921 Lake Hollow Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, speeding and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Willie Chase, 60, 7563 Glen Oaks Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, disobeying a police officer and disobeying a red light.
- Bradley Ficklin, 34, 30526 N. Willow, Livingston, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control/careless operation and operating a vehicle while driver’s license suspended for prior offense.
- Amanda Glaude, 22, 6506 Canal Ave., New Orleans, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Sandi Holliday, 28, 168 Capps Cutoff, Georgetown, third-offense DWI, possession of marijuana, driver’s license suspended/revoked, possession of drug paraphernalia and operating a vehicle while driver’s license suspended for prior offense.
- Bobby Keys Jr., 20, 11145 Red Oaks Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended/revoked and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Mackenzie Shannon, 21, 2928 Edward Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Gary Vicknair, 21, 6103 Destrahan Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.