- EAST BATON ROUGE METRO COUNCIL: 4 p.m., City Hall Metro Council Chambers, 222 St. Louis St.
- COMPANION ANIMAL ALLIANCE ADOPTIONS: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., East Baton Rouge Shelter, 2680 Progress Road. Dogs that weigh more than 40 pounds are half price. http://www.caabr.org.
- CAT HAVEN ADOPTIONS: Noon to 6 p.m., Cat Haven Adoption Center, 11130 North Harrell’s Ferry Road. http://www.cathaven.org.
- LUNCHTIME LAGNIAPPE: Noon, Capitol Park Museum, 660 North Fourth St. Helana Brigman will give a free lecture titled “The Fresh Table: Cooking in Louisiana All Year Long.” Participants should bring their own lunch. (225) 219-0726.
- SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY’S VISUAL ARTS STUDENT EXHIBITION RECEPTION: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Visual Arts Gallery, Frank Hayden Hall, SU campus. Admission is free. (225) 771-4103.
- LSU PHILHARMONIA CONCERT: 7:30 p.m., new Tiger Band Hall, Aster Street, LSU campus. The performance of Beethoven’s Symphony No. 4 in B flat major will feature the finalists in the LSU School of Music’s Concerto Competition. It is part of the symphony’s Beethoven Festival. Tickets are $10 for general admission and $5 for students/seniors.