- DELI FOR LUNCH: 10 a.m. to noon, Beth Shalom Synagogue, 9111 Jefferson Highway. Each lunch is $9 and includes a quarter-pound of corned beef on rye bread, potato chips, dill pickle and homemade brownie. Lunches are by delivery only. Businesses that have five orders or more get free delivery. (225) 924-6773.
- BICYCLE CHECK-UP AND BASIC REPAIR: 4:30 p.m., Carver Branch Library, 720 Terrace St. A seasoned bicyclist will discuss the tools and techniques necessary to maintain bicycles. (225) 389-7450.
- TUTORING: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., Broadmoor Presbyterian Church’s Naylor Building, 9340 Florida Blvd. Qualified tutors will tutor middle and high school students for free. Student and accompanying adult should arrive 10 minutes early to register. (225) 924-4271.
- JCR BOOK CLUB: 7 p.m., Jones Creek Regional Branch Library, 6222 Jones Creek Road. Members will discuss “Water for Elephants” by Sara Gruen.
- ‘THE VAGINA MONOLOGUES’: 6 p.m., silent auction; 7 p.m., performance, Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. All proceeds will benefit the Sexual Trauma Awareness & Response Center (STAR). Tickets are $25 for general admission and $20 for seniors and students. http://www.manshiptheatre.org or (225) 344-0334.
- LSU WIND ENSEMBLE: 7:30 p.m., LSU Union Theater, Raphael Semmes Road. Tickets are $20 per adult, $17 per senior/faculty member/staff member and $12 per student. (225) 578-5128.
- BATON ROUGE CHORUS OF SWEET ADELINES INTERNATIONAL: 7:30 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 10925 Florida Blvd. The event is a free preview of the regional competition show to be presented in Houston. Refreshments will follow the show.