March 17, 2013
BR man, 31, arrested
in sexual assault
A 31-year-old Baton Rouge man accused of sexually assaulting a child three times last year has been arrested.
Marcus Moore, 1559 Robin St., was booked Thursday with three counts of sexual battery, East Baton Rouge Parish Prison records show.
According to an affidavit warrant, between February and May 8, 2012, Moore went into the victim’s bedroom, pulled her pajama bottoms down and sexually assaulted her.
The victim, whose age was blacked out in the warrant, told her parents that Moore was hurting her, according to the warrant.
2nd suspect in Feb. 2 robbery arrested
A second suspect in Feb. 2 armed robbery of an iPhone has been arrested.
Baton Rouge police booked Eric Gerard Johnson, 23,1927 Curtis St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on Thursday on one count of armed robbery, according to information from an affidavit warrant.
The other suspect, Isaac “PeeWee” Carr, was arrested March 6 on one count of armed robbery.
Carr and Johnson pulled handguns on the victim while in a car with the victim and another person at 5 p.m. on Feb. 2 in the 2600 block of Plank Road, the warrant says.
Carr and Johnson forced the other person, who was driving, to pull the car over, where the victim was forced to leave the car, the warrant says.
The victim identified Johnson as the other robber from Carr’s Facebook account, the warrant says.
11 people booked
on DWI suspicion
Authorities arrested at least 11 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Ross Authement, 19, 14009 River Road, Luling, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of vehicle and speeding.
- Scott Campbell, 47, 13049 Jase Sandlin Drive, Walker, second-offense DWI, driving over the median and careless operation.
- Ryan Delaune, 22, 18570 Manchac Road, Prairieville, first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light and equipment violation.
- Ana Gibbs, 42, 15241 Jones Creek Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Michael Haviland, 29, 9536 Bermuda Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Dinn Hodzic, 21, 5050 Schalet Court, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and headlights required.
- Nicholas Lent, 22, 35 Warbler St, New Orleans, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and failure to signal/improper turn.
- Katie Lowe, 20, 16121 Chantilly Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and equipment violation.
- Floyd Luster, 36, 4970 Bardwell Drive, first-offense DWI and disobeying a red light.
- Eric Lynn, 34, 15048 Currency Drive, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
- Penny Mayuex, 43, 16236 Old Jefferson Highway, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.