- SQUEEZE OUT CANCER FUN RUN/WALK: 9 a.m., Woodlawn High School, 15755 Jefferson Highway. The fun run/walk will raise funds for Relay for Life. Registration will start at 8 a.m. and comes with T-shirts. Circle Bowl, Firstaid Lemonaid and Gulf Coast Printing are the corporate sponsors. To pre-register, visit http://www.imathlete.com/events/squeezingoutcancerfunrunwalk.
- BAYOU BEBES OF BATON ROUGE DOLL SHOW & SALE: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., BREC’s Milton J. Womack Facility, 6201 Florida Blvd. The show and sale will feature dolls by vendors and collectors from across the United States. Admission is $4 and free for children 12 and under. http://www.angelfire.com/la2/bayoubebes.
- CASA VOLUNTEER SESSION: 10 a.m., Capital Area CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) Association, 848 Louisiana Ave. Capital Area CASA will hold an informational session on becoming a CASA volunteer. Volunteers will help abused and neglected children in foster care find safe and permanent homes. (225) 379-8598 or visit http://www.casabr.org.
- ARBOR DAY: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Burden Center, 4560 Essen Lane. The event, postponed from Jan. 19, will include several activities, such as tree planting. Admission is $5 per person. (225) 763-3990.
- AFRICAN-AMERICAN HISTORY CELEBRATION: Noon to 2 p.m., Odell S. Williams Now and Then African-American History Museum, 538 South Blvd. The celebration will feature art, music, crafts, a speaker, horseback rides and more. Free and open to the public. (225) 343-4431.
- FINE ART OF DINING SHOW: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Baton Rouge Garden Center, Independence Park, 7950 Independence Blvd. The Baton Rouge Garden Club and the Louisiana Art and Artists’ Guild will present a show with the theme “The Fine Art of Dining.” Proceeds will go to scholarships for students in landscape architecture, urban forestry or horticulture. Tickets are $5 (cash or checks) at the door, which includes refreshments. (225) 806-5377.