Teen, 18, arrested in sex with girl, 14
An 18-year-old accused of having sex with a 14-year-old girl was booked into Parish Prison on two sex counts, records show.
Timothy G. Drevecky, 3426 Robert St., Zachary, was booked Friday on counts of carnal knowledge of a juvenile and indecent behavior with a juvenile, booking records show. He bailed out Saturday on a $5,000 bond, a prison spokesman said Sunday.
According to Drevecky's arrest warrant, he is accused of the following:
Drevecky called the girl about 12:45 a.m. on Jan. 13 saying he and some friends were at a Waffle House. The victim asked Drevecky to buy her a waffle and bring it to her Zachary home.
Drevecky and the girl went to her bedroom to talk. He closed the door, and the two started kissing.
Drevecky asked the girl "if she wanted to ... ," the girl told investigators, inferring that Drevecky was asking if she wanted to have sex.
"According to the victim, she was afraid of being caught, but later consented to having sexual intercourse," the arrest warrant says.
The pair disrobed, got into the victim's bed and had sex.
Before leaving the bedroom, Drevecky told the victim "not to tell anyone because he would get into trouble," the warrant says.
Police found a used condom inside a trash bag in the girl's bedroom. They sent it and two oral swabs from Drevecky to the State Police Crime lab for DNA analysis, the warrant says.
The girl's father told police that his daughter invited Drevecky and the others without his knowledge and while he was not home, the warrant says.
Man, 31, booked on various counts
A 31-year-old West Monroe man, who argued with a woman, fired gunshots and sped away without headlights on and a 1-year-old child in the backseat not properly restrained, was arrested Saturday morning.
Baton Rouge police booked Bobby Dumas, 120 S. 10th St., into Parish Prison on two counts of disturbing the peace/intoxication and one count each of child desertion, reckless driving and possession of alcohol in a vehicle, according to Parish Prison records and an affidavit of probable.
Police stopped Dumas, who appeared to be intoxicated, in his Kia Forte and found a .25-caliber gun and a half bottle of Seagram's gin, the affidavit says.
Airline Highway fire destoys mobile home
St. George Fire Department investigators believe a fire that destroyed a small mobile home on Airline Highway on Sunday afternoon stemmed from an electrical problem, a Fire Department spokesman said.
Firefighters were dispatched to 15626 Airline Highway shortly after 2 p.m. where firefighters quickly doused the flames at 2:10 p.m., spokesman Eldon Ledoux said in a news release.
The mobile home and its contents were destroyed by a combination of heat, smoke and fire, Ledoux said.
The lone occupant was at a neighbor's house when the fire broke out and no injuries were reported, Ledoux said.
BR driver, 23, booked on 4th-offense DWI
Authorities arrested at least 18 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish - including a man on a fourth-offense DWI - and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Jillian Basped, 23, 777 Ben Hur Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Kelsey Becnel, 18, 191 Bergeron Drive, Belle Chasse, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Jeremy Donahue, 21, 1334 Roundhill Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, license plate required and failure to maintain control.
- Shaniqua Edwards, 25, 2080 N. Lobdell Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and driver's license suspended or revoked.
- Adam Holtman, 24, 1918 Upperline St., New Orleans, first-offense DWI.
- Jason Jones, 26, 12757 Coursey Blvd., first-offense DWI, driver's license suspended or revoked and hit and run.
- Jeffrey Klahn, 27, 7922 Elliot Road, Baton Rouge, fourth-offense DWI, resisting an officer, failure to signal, improper turn and driver's license not on person.
- Lauren Lofton, 20, 4580 Burbank Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and driver's license required or expired.
- Brent Matt, 26, 9217 Smith Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and following too close.
- Alejandro Noel, 44, 5415 Nicholson Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and driver's license not in possession.
- Jacquelyn Parker, 26, 8939 Jefferson Highway, No. 603, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Dennis Patel, 24, 2525 O'Neal Lane, No. 17, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Derrick Speyrer, 28, 1695 La. 347, Arnaudville, first-offense DWI.
- Christian Taylor, 18, 6326 W. Morgan Drive, Alexandria, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- William Waltman, 18, 2741 Conor Court, Marrero, first-offense DWI.
- Brandon Williams, 24, 6193 Sumrall Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- David Williams, 23, 717 N. 27th St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and drinking in a motor vehicle.
- Yu Pin Yarian, 26, 9585 Arbor Lane, Zachary, first-offense DWI, driver's license suspended or revoked and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.