Man, 26, accused
of shooting at family
Baton Rouge police Thursday arrested a 26-year-old Baton Rouge man accused of firing shotgun blasts at a man he believed had snitched on a friend regarding illicit drug activities. The shots were also directed toward the victim’s wife and 1-year-old daughter, police said.
Police booked Edward Thompson, 2534 Mississippi St., into Parish Prison on counts of attempted first-degree murder, aggravated criminal damage to property, illegal use of a weapon and felon in possession of a firearm, prison records show.
Thompson told the male victim he should leave the area before he shot at the victim and his family, according to warrant for Thompson’s arrest. The incident took place about 2:52 p.m. on Jan. 7 outside an address in the 800 block of North 37th Street, the warrant says.
The wife and daughter were not hit by the shots, the warrant says, but the male victim suffered non-life-threatening wounds to both arms and his left leg, the warrant says.
Police: BR man, 32,
had sex with teen girl
A 32-year-old Baton Rouge man who allegedly had sex at least four times with a 14-year-old girl he met on a social networking site between early February and April 8 was arrested Friday afternoon, according to a warrant for his arrest.
Baton Rouge police booked Tayrone Revish, last known address of 1536 Marcia Drive, into Parish Prison on counts of sexual battery and contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile, prison records show. He was 31 when the sexual encounters occurred, the warrant says.
The girl, now 15, told police she and Revish exchanged phone numbers on a social networking site, the warrant says.
Authorities book five on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish — including a man on a third-offense DWI — and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Marion Davidson, 21, 4639 Tigerland Ave., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI and speeding.
- Jake Lambert, 28, 45342 Gold Place Road, St. Amant, third-offense DWI, unlawful refusal to submit to chemical test and failure to maintain control.
- Phillip McKinnis, 54, 1330 Smith St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and reckless operation.
- Darren Scott, 42, 6764 Buttonwood Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driver’s license not in possession and reckless operation.
- Gisele Turner, 27, 6809 S. Willow Springs Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.