Seven arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish — including a man accused of a fourth-offense DWI — and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Derrick Cyprian, 36, 6778 Ford St., Baton Rouge, third-offense DWI, improper lane usage and possession of alcoholic beverage in vehicle.
- Benjamin Gray, 27, 920 Hedgewood Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense, operating a vehicle while driver’s license suspended for prior offense, improper lane usage and possession of alcoholic beverage in a vehicle.
- Shericka Levi, 35, 1110 N. Ardenwood, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, speeding and driver’s license not on person.
- William Norder, 24, 7311 Linda Lee Drive, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
- Grover Perkins, 48, 15345 Jester Ave., Baton Rouge, fourth-offense DWI, equipment violation, possession of alcoholic beverage in the vehicle, driver’s license suspended/revoked and improper lane usage.
- Garrett Simpson, 19, 24000 Marshall St., Plaquemine, first-offense DWI and motor vehicle inspection required.
- Lauren Smith, 21, 3109 Meadowlake Drive, Slidell, first-offense DWI and drinking in a motor vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.