December 16, 2012
Two booked in armed robbery
Police arrested two men in the robbery of two individuals Friday morning at gunpoint in the 4000 block of Nicholson Drive, a Baton Rouge Police Department spokesman said.
Jasmine Williams, 24, 2860 Lukeville Lane, and Justin Pierson, 24, 155 Anita St., both of Brusly, were arrested at 2:05 a.m. Friday and booked into Parish Prison, each on one count of armed robbery, spokesman L’Jean McKneely said in a news release.
Williams and Pierson robbed the pair of their personal property, then fled in a gray four-door sedan, the release said. LSU Campus Police assisted Baton Rouge police with the arrest of the two suspects near East McKinley Road and Tennessee Street, the release says.
Man, 28, accused of breaking child’s arm
Baton Rouge police arrested a man who is accused of twisting a young boy’s arm, causing it to break, because the child did not know his ABCs, an affidavit of probable cause says.
Roman Montrell Franklin, 28, 1078 N. Ardenwood Drive, Apt. D, Baton Rouge, was arrested and booked into Parish Prison on Thursday afternoon on one count of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile, prison booking records show.
The child’s age was blacked out in the affidavit.
While helping the child with homework on Tuesday, Franklin asked the boy a question about his ABCs and when the boy said he did not know the answer, Franklin jerked his arm, dragged him to a back bedroom and whipped him with an extension cord, the affidavit says.
Franklin told the child and a witness to tell people the injury occurred when the boy fell off a bed while playing, the affidavit says.
On Wednesday, while at Our Lady of the Lake hospital for surgery on his arm the child told his grandfather that Franklin, who is his mother’s live-in boyfriend, broke his arm, the affidavit says.
on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 18 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish Prison and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Police said 16 of those arrested were stopped at a sobriety checkpoint.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Alexis Brown, 19, 1545 Sharlo Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and driver’s license not in possession.
- Morgan Craft, 19, 16532 Chadsford Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and failure to signal/improper turn.
- Trevis Hargrove, 19, 16317 Tillotson Road, Gonzales, first-offense DWI and speeding.
- Donovan Hunter, 31, 8724 Montclair Ave., Denham Springs, first-offense DWI.
- Matthew Johnson, 26, 8537 Hickory Lakes, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, possession of marijuana, reckless operation of a vehicle and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Brad Landor, 35, 9004 East Bank Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Jacob Ledbetter, 22, 4705 Inniswold Road, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI.
- Sean Lofgren, 20, 416 Highland Creek Parkway, first-offense DWI.
- Aaron Lusk, 22, 3964 Gourrier Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Jeffrey Lytle, 20, 15014 Snowy Egret Court, first-offense DWI.
- Travis McAdams, 24, 940 Stanford Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Bert Melancon, 40, 10156 Perkins Rowe Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, motor vehicle inspection required, driver’s license required/expired and license plate required.
- Ridge Price, 23, 31643 N. Corbin Road, Walker, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Justin Rabalais, 25, 4813 Craig Ave., Metairie, first-offense DWI.
- Tyler Serio, 20, 5442 Charing Way Ave., first-offense DWI, and driver’s license not on person.
- Stephen Shoaf, 21, 2500 Regents Park Ave., Greensboro, first-offense DWI.
- Scott Taylor, 19, 6432 Millstone Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Robert Twilley, 60, 401 Renwood Circle, Lafayette, first-offense DWI and careless driving.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.