LAFAYETTE — The Schools of the Sacred Heart’s annual “Christmas at Coteau” event begins Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and continues from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday on the historic 250-acre campus in Grand Coteau.
The event features a “Holiday Market” of more than 50 vendors with an array of unique gift items, including antiques, estate jewelry, Christmas accessories, artwork, children’s apparel and other accessories. Admission to the market is $8.
On Friday, shoppers may stop into the Coteau Café in Latiolais Dining Hall for locally prepared foods, coffee and hot chocolate.
For $25 shoppers may enjoy a catered breakfast Saturday and tour the school, chapel and grounds. The “Breakfast with the Saints” or “Le Petit Dejeuner avec les Saints” event includes admission to the Holiday Market.
The event also features book signings. Authors are scheduled to appear:
- 9:30 a.m. to Noon: Ret. Gen. Russel Honoré, “Leadership in the New Normal”
- Noon to 2:30 p.m.: Former LSU Basketball Coach Dale Brown, “Getting Over the 4 Hurdles of Life”
- 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Jackie Sonnier Hirshberg, “Nicky the Swamp Dog & Roger the Tree Frog”
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.: Jackie Sonnier Hirshberg, “Nicky the Swamp Dog & Roger the Tree Frog”
- 10 a.m. to Noon: Marcelle Bienvenu, “Who’s Your Momma, Are You Catholic, Can You Make A Roux, Vol. 1 & 2,” “Cajun Cooking for Beginners,” and “No Baloney on My Boat!”
- Noon to 3 p.m.: Chad Judice, “Waiting for Eli”
All proceeds benefit Schools of the Sacred Heart at Grand Coteau. For more information, visit: http://www.sshcoteau.org.