October 28, 2012
Police: Woman tried to run over father
A woman accused last month of hitting her 65-year-old father in the head with a vase, trying to pull his trachea tube out of his throat and trying to run him over with her vehicle has been arrested, according to an affidavit warrant.
Shannon Marie Kinchen, 43, 3158 Midway Ave., was booked Thursday with two counts of attempted first-degree murder and cruelty to the infirm by the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office, parish prison records show.
The attack occurred on Sept. 13 at 707 N. 22nd St. when Kinchen’s father tried to stop an argument between Kinchen and another daughter in a carport, the warrant states.
While trying to stop the argument, Kinchen’s father told her to leave the home and Kinchen replied, “I’m going to show you,” the warrant says.
Kinchen then picked up a vase, stuck her father in the head causing him to fall to the ground, and tried to pull out his trachea tube after he fell, the warrant says.
Other family members stopped the fight and Kinchen got into her vehicle and tried to run her father over, according to the warrant. It also says the victim’s son pushed him out of the way and Kinchen wound up striking his son instead.
Man, 20, accused of indecent behavior
A 20-year-old Denham Springs man was arrested and booked for trying to entice a 16-year-old girl to have sex with him, an affidavit says.
According to an affidavit, the girl’s father had her phone and received a text message from Derrek Peckham in which he said he wanted to have sex with the girl. The father checked old messages and saw similar messages, including a picture of Peckham’s genitals, the affidavit says.
The girl told a detective with the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office that she knew Peckham from high school when he was a senior and she was a freshman. She told the detective they had attempted to have sex previously at a ball park in Denham Springs, but were unable to, the affidavit says.
Peckham, 20, 3682 Lucas Drive, was booked into Parish Prison on one count each of indecent behavior with juveniles, computer-aided solicitation of a minor and improper telephone communication.
Seven arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show. Those booked and the counts against them:
- Allen Chase, 28, 7648 Miltons Place, Denham Springs, second-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Albert Guilbeau, 21, 3760 Emily Drive, Port Allen, first-offense DWI and parking where prohibited.
- Jill Mulkey, 39, 8657 Oliver Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and careless driving.
- Phongsavanh Panyanouvong, 34, 2625 Hollywood St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Benjamin Richard, 23, 5085 Cumberland Cove Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Michael Speed, 32, 6929 Commerce Circle, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Karlyn Whittle, 22, 17726 Lake Vista Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.