Advocate staff report
October 11, 2012
The East Baton Rouge Parish Democratic Party announced it’s endorsing two incumbents, two challengers and one newcomer in the parish’s Metro Council races, according to a news release.
The Party’s executive committee decided at a Tuesday meeting to endorse Donna Collins-Lewis of District 6 and C. Denise Marcelle of District 7, both of whom are running for second terms on the Metro Council.
The party also endorsed Larry Selders, who is challenging Tara Wicker for the District 10 seat; and Rose Carey, who is one of two challengers for Smokie Bougeois’ District 12 seat. Carey is the only Democrat in that race.
The party also endorsed Chauna Banks-Daniel, a candidate for the District 2 seat being vacated by Ulysses “Bones” Addison, who is term-limited.
In the mayor’s race, the party endorsed incumbent Kip Holden over his three challengers.
The party also endorsed:
- Cedric Richmond for the U.S. House of Representatives District 2 seat.
- Joel Porter and Alex “Brick” Wall for City Court judge District C.
- Tiffany Foxworth for City Court judge District E.
- Gideon Carter III for the Louisiana 1st Circuit Court of Appeal.
- John Michael Guidry for Louisiana Supreme Court District 5.
- Forest Wright for Public Service Commission District 2.
- Reginald Brown for city constable.
- Barack Obama and Joe Biden for president and vice president respectively.