Police seek second suspect in slaying
Police are looking for a second man in the Tuesday slaying of D’Andre Robertson, who was shot in the face while watching a fistfight between two sisters, a police spokesman said.
Trei Bailey, 18, no address available, is wanted in the shooting, which occurred at about 10:50 p.m. at 4766 Shelley St., Cpl. L’Jean McKneely said.
“Bailey is armed and dangerous,” and is wanted on a count of second-degree murder and illegal use of a weapon, McKneely said.
Police arrested Lee M. Williams, 24, 4766 Shelley St., shortly after the shooting, McKneely said. He was booked on the same counts.
Anyone with information about this incident can contact police at (225) 389-4869 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-STOP or (225) 344-7867.
Authorities book 15 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 15 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish — including a 21-year-old man on a third-offense DWI — and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Emanuel Alper, 36, 17732 Macon Drive, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Todd Baker, 21, 1046 W. Lakeview Drive, third-offense DWI, littering in public places and improper lane usage.
- Alton Carmena, 40, 9121 Meadow Creek Ave., first-offense DWI and reckless driving.
- Samantha Cooke, 21, 4600 Burbank Drive, first-offense DWI.
- Jesse Cotton, 51, 6376 Beechwood Drive, first-offense DWI and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- Lucas Forsgren, 48, 148 Inniswold, first-offense DWI, license plate required and driving left of center.
- Kody Higginbotham, 23, 11101 Reiger Road, first-offense DWI.
- Troy Kimble, 34, 3265 Myrtle Court, Zachary, first-offense DWI, reckless driving, speeding and drinking in a motor vehicle.
- Landon Lauderdale, 19, 7 Audubon Place, Hammond, first-offense DWI and possession of marijuana.
- Brooks Lowery, 25, 741 E. Garder St., Opelousas, first-offense DWI and reckless driving.
- Gary Midkiff, 36, 731 Caddo St., second-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and reckless driving.
- Carlos Perez, 35, 5115 Highland Road, first-offense DWI.
- Jeffrey Silvo, 41, 1111 Pelican Lakes Park, first-offense DWI.
- Austin Southall, 20, 5995 Timber Cove Drive, first-offense DWI.
- Kane Wiggins, 19, 3028 Lesley Drive, Morgan City, first-offense DWI.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.