3 men wounded in drive-by shooting
A 16-year-old and two 21-year-old males were wounded late Friday in a drive-by shooting on 75th Avenue, Baton Rouge police spokesman Cpl. L’Jean McKneely said Saturday.
The 16-year-old was shot in the arm, leg and lower back and was in critical condition Saturday night. The incident happened about 11 p.m. Friday in the 2100 block of 75th Avenue, police Capt. Elton Brown said Saturday in a news release.
Police said that a vehicle stopped in front of the residence where the three were standing. Someone inside the vehicle fired several shots at the victims, then sped west on 75th Avenue, the release says.
EMS took the victims to area hospitals.
Police did not release information on who did the shooting or a motive for the assault.
Anyone with information on this incident is asked to contact the Baton Rouge Police Department’s Violent Crimes and Homicide Division at (225) 389-4869 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867.
Authorities book 14 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 14 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish — including a man on a third-offense DWI — and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Melvin Butler, 45, 5462 Cadillac St., first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, simple obstruction of a highway, driver’s license not in possession, disturbing the peace and reckless driving.
- Khalid Coates, 30, 9134 Cuyhanga Park, third-offense DWI, resisting an officer, reckless driving and hit-and-run.
- Lauren Derocha, 22, 2609 Reymond Drive, first-offense DWI and following too closely.
- Cody Glasper, 22, 4268 St. Gerard Ave., first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control, disobeying traffic control device, possession of alcohol in vehicle, driver’s license required and proof of insurance required.
- David Glatt, 49, 1443 E. Valmond St., Gonzales, first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended or revoked and speeding.
- Darren Kemp, 29, 10795 Mead Road, first-offense DWI and failure to yield at a private drive.
- Randi King, 21, 131 Penwood Circle, Covington, first-offense DWI and equipment violation.
- Jake Latiolais, 19, 5747 Choctaw Road, Brusly, first-offense DWI and following too closely.
- Alexandria Martin, 28, 6212 Stumberg Lane, first-offense DWI and reckless driving.
- Crystal Metz, 29, 44090 Highway 42, Prairieville, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, failure to signal and reckless driving.
- Sherrie Miers, 48, 10431 Wade Drive, Denham Springs, second-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and registration: commercial vehicles exemption.
- Patrick Moore, 26, 6140 Calion Drive, first-offense DWI, speeding, driver’s license suspended or revoked, improper lane usage and reckless driving.
- Autry Rivere, 47, 17728 Planchet Road, Greenwell Springs, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control.
- Andrew Thibodeaux, 38, 950 Castlewood Drive, second-offense DWI, reckless operation, speeding, improper lane usage and failure to signal.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter , call (225) 388-0369.