Police arrest man in domestic break-in
Baton Rouge police arrested and booked a 29-year-old man Friday accused of breaking into his pregnant ex-girlfriend’s house and pistol-whipping her unconscious while threatening to kill her, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Kyle Jones, 2883 Chippewa St., was booked into Parish Prison on counts of home invasion, attempted first-degree murder, second-degree battery, resisting an officer and violating a protective order, booking records show.
About 8:30 a.m. Friday, Jones forced a window-mounted air-conditioning unit off to break into his ex-girlfriend’s home in the 3400 block of Wayne Drive, the affidavit says.
The homeowner asked him to leave, and he responded by choking her and forcing her to the ground, then continuing into the residence, the affidavit says.
Once inside, Jones kicked open a locked interior door where his ex-girlfriend, who is six months pregnant, was hiding from him.
He knocked her unconscious when he struck her in the head with the butt of his pistol, cutting her forehead approximately an inch wide, the affidavit says.
Witnesses told detectives that Jones yelled “I’m going to kill you” and “I’m going to shoot that baby out of your belly,” according to the affidavit.
After being arrested, Jones denied having any involvement in the crimes, the affidavit says.
Jones’ ex-girlfriend, the victim, had a protective order against him, the affidavit says.
Police book eight on suspicion of DWI
Authorities at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Erika Hackworth, 21, 1620 Nero St., Metairie, first-offense DWI, equipment violation and improper lane usage.
- Rodney Hill, 18, 783 Holt St., first-offense DWI and failure to change address.
- Mark Murphy, 25, 31 Tuinberry Drive, LaPlace, first-offense DWI, backing unsafely and going the wrong way on a one-way street.
- Kishan Patel, 24, 1300 N. Trenton St., Ruston, first-offense DWI, headlights required and reckless driving.
- Jerry Primm, 39, 683 Riverview Drive, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, failure to maintain control, hit-and-run and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- Penelope Trepagnier, 56, 158 S. 11th St., first-offense DWI and headlights required.
- Travis Walker, 27, 4465 Clayton St., first-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and hit-and-run.
- William Walter, 48, 4220 Forest Park Drive, Jackson, Miss., first-offense DWI, intimidating the public, headlights required and driver’s license suspended.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.