- EAST BATON ROUGE METRO COUNCIL: 4 p.m., Council Chambers City Hall, 222 St. Louis St.
- BATON ROUGE PRESS CLUB: 11:30 a.m., Iberville Room, Belle of Baton Rouge Hotel, 102 France St. Gov. Bobby Jindal will speak at the special meeting. Lunch, which is served at 11:30 a.m., is $12 for members and $15 for nonmembers. The public is invited, but only members of the Press Club and the news media are allowed to ask questions.
- CASA VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION: Noon, Capital Area CASA office, 848 Louisiana Ave. Find out how to be a voice for an abused or neglected child while he or she awaits a safe and permanent home during a 45-minute informational session. Call (225) 379-8598 or email@example.com.
- MARTIAL ARTS: 5 p.m., Longfellow Park, 5201 Longfellow Drive. The class teaches how to exercise the mind, body and spirit through martial arts and karate. The cost is $22. Call (225) 357-2760 or brec.org.
- MICROSOFT WORD: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Harrel Building, Mirror of Grace Outreach, 921 N. Lobdell Blvd. Suite E. Call (225) 300-4528.
- BATON ROUGE MAGIC CLUB: 6 p.m., The Londoner, 4215 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd. The Baton Rouge Magic Club will hold its monthly meeting. Call (225) 978-3740.
- DJ 101: 6 p.m., Baker Park, 4331 Jefferson St. The class covers the principles of acoustics and sound, and creative techniques for using DJ equipment. The cost is $22. (225) 778-0779 or firstname.lastname@example.org.