Wow! Close to 400 of you entered the cartoon caption contest and, man, are you folks funny and creative! Some of your ideas were hilarious but not really suited for a family newspaper – (You know who you are). Others had ideas that were just plain wacky yet really funny is a strange way – (You know who you are too!) Thanks to all who participated and I hope more Advocate readers will give it a shot when we do this again real soon. Great stuff!
Stay ‘tooned – Walt
• Ramona Clement / Harahan:
I DIDN’T KNOW THAT’S WHAT THEY MEANT BY “ROLLING IN THE DOUGH”!!!!!
• Earl Pansano / Metairie: “and you thought global warming was bad.”
• Randy Prochaska / Baton Rouge: “RUN BOYS! It’s an oven not a tanning bed.”
• Ann Wakefield / New Orleans: “Sugar always makes me hyper!”
• Matt Tessier / Baton Rouge: “Weirdest maternity ward ever!”