Jul 28, 2014 13:51 Fire burns through roof of Ontario Street home Fire burns through roof of Ontario Street home Advocate staff report| July 28, 2014 Comments An electrical short ignited a fire in a home early Sunday that eventually burned through the roof of the house, the fire department said. The home at 2731 Ontario St. was vacant because the owner died recently, said Mark Miles, a Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman. When firefighters arrived about 3:30 a.m. Sunday, flames leapt from the roof over the back of the home, Miles said in a news release. The blaze started in a room that had been closed in at the back of the house. Construction had been done on the house, too, Miles said. Firefighters contained the fire to the back of the house, which also sustained smoke damage. The fire caused about $22,000 in damage to the $45,000 home, Miles’ release says.