- EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH SCHOOL BOARD: 5 p.m., EBR School Board Central Office, 1050 S. Foster Drive. Regular school board meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month and are open to the public. schoolboard.ebrschools.org.
- BASIC BRIDGE CLASS: 10:30 a.m., East Baton Rouge Parish Library Scotlandville Branch, 7373 Scenic Highway. Registration is required by calling (225) 354-7540.
- “SNOW WHITE:” 10:30 a.m., East Baton Rouge Parish Library, Fairwood Branch, 12910 Old Hammond Highway; 1 p.m., Zachary Branch, 1900 Church St.; and 2:30 p.m., Central Branch, 11260 Joor Road. Tri-Parish Ballet will perform an adaptation of the famous fairy tale.
- CAREER SPEED DATING FOR TEENS: 2 p.m., East Baton Rouge Parish Library Scotlandville Branch. Teens still pondering their careers paths can get information about a variety of professions at the library. Registration is required by calling (225) 354-7500.
- MEMBERS-ONLY NIGHT: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Louisiana Art & Science Museum, 100 River Road South. The museum’s annual Members-Only Night will celebrate 50 years of having the ancient Egypt exhibit. There will be special activities and planetarium shows on Egypt and a 25 percent discount in the gift shop. Admission is free for members, $9 for guest adults and $8 for guest children/seniors. lasm.org.
- CASA VOLUNTEER ORIENTATION: 6 p.m., Capital Area CASA, 848 Louisiana Ave. Volunteers will learn how to help abused or neglected children find safe and permanent homes. (225) 379-8598 or casabr.org.
- ART EXHIBIT PANEL DISCUSSION: 6 p.m., LSU Hilltop Arboretum, 11855 Highland Road. LSU Museum of Art will hold a free panel discussion on the art exhibit “Margaret Stone’s Flora of Louisiana.” A reception will follow. (225) 389-7200 or lsumoa.org.
- ROCK-N-ROWE CONCERT: 6 p.m., Town Square Park at Perkins Rowe, Bluebonnet Boulevard at Perkins Road. The Chris LeBlanc Band will perform blues and classic rock at the free concert series. perkinsroweshops.com.
- TWILIGHT TOUR: 6 p.m., BREC’s Baton Rouge Zoo, Thomas Road. Evening tour includes live animal shows and snacks. Registration is required. Tickets are $16 for adults and teens and $13 for children, ages 2-12. (225) 775-3877 or brzoo.org.
- KEITH SYKES & RICHARD LEIGH: 7:30 p.m., Manship Theatre, Shaw Center for the Arts, 100 Lafayette St. The two famous songwriters will swap songs and stories. Sykes was a member of Jimmy Buffett’s band who wrote songs for Buffett. Leigh is famous for writing the song “Don’t It Make Your Brown Eyes Blue” for Crystal Gayle, as well as songs for Reba and Don Williams. Tickets are $40 to $55. (225) 344-0334 or manshiptheatre.org.
- JUKE JOINT JUBILEE: 9 p.m., Red Star, 222 Laurel St. The weekly concert features local singers and songwriters, including Ryan Harris and Clay Parker. (225) 346-8454.